Friday 12 July 2013

This Stuff Makes Me Wonder Why I Bother...



http://www.bicyclelaw.com/road-rights/a.cfm/road-rights-a-big-fish-that-got-away

Sometimes I read reports like this and I wonder why I keep going with this cycling advocacy lark. It seems there are so many more depressing stories than there are stories of cycling victories. I wonder whether it might not be a better idea to just ride - that way I might be able to maintain a healthy mindset about cycling, rather than worrying that what I'm doing might result in either me or my daughter being killed by one of these drunk or distracted drivers. Not only that, but it seems that even when cyclists get their day in court, they are met with ubiquitous prejudice on the part of witnesses, jurors, police and judges.

What chance do cyclists have when we can't even gain a conviction for a motorist who killed a cyclist while proven to be drunk behind the wheel?

No comments:

Post a Comment